2017 FSA Management Workshop Series
Management Practices for Values-Based Organizations
In this three-part workshop series facilitated by Marsha Wesley Coleman, Director of Leadership Development and Training for Friends Services for the Aging (FSA), managers and supervisors will experience interactive workshops in a co-learning environment as we explore ways to manage within the framework of values in our organizations.
September 20, 2017: Session One – Building Capacity of Self
The challenge of continuing growth and development of self is one of the keys to managing effectively. Having the capacity to reflect and self-manage enhances your ability to work with others.
- Management Style Inquiry – Participants will use Appreciative Inquiry to uncover key strengths and determine their developmental edges.
- Increase Emotional Intelligence & Communications using the Myers Briggs Type Indicator.
October 18, 2017: Session Two – Building Capacity of Others
Coaching is a strategic tool for effective management. In this workshop, we’ll cover a variety of ways to create the climate for effective coaching and learn valuable coaching/feedback skills.
- Exploration of Trust – Using the Reina Trust Model participants will explore the value of trust in the workplace. For example, trust creates the proper climate for giving feedback.
- Coaching Techniques – Participants will learn and practice coaching techniques to maximize individual performance of direct reports including active Listening and Feedback
November 15, 2017: Session Three – Building Capacity of Your Organization
Community Voice, Building Community and seeking the minority voice can all be accomplished through collaborative meetings and building high performing teams.
- Creating Collaborative Meetings – Participants will practice tools and strategies for creating more communication and effective workflow in department meetings.
- Building High Performing Teams – What makes a high performing team? Attendees will assess and develop strategies to enhance their team’s effectiveness.
All Workshops will be held at the NHS Training Center (350 Sentry Parkway, Building 640, Suite 200, Blue Bell, PA – Directly across from the FSA Office)
Contact Marsha Wesley Coleman at email@example.com or 215-646-0720 for more information. The deadline for registration is August 1, 2017.
This educational offering has been reviewed by the National Continuing Education Review Service (NCERS) of the National Association of Long Term Care Administrator Boards (NAB) and approved for 16.75 clock hours and 16.75 participant hours.