On Call Hospice Registered Nurse**NO WEEKENDS**
Chandler Hall, a Quaker facility, provides high-quality care for older adults in Newtown, Bucks County. Chandler Hall offers a wide spectrum of services for individuals at all stages of the aging process including: Community Living, Personal Care, Residential Hospice, Home Hospice, Independent Living, Respite Care, and Skilled Nursing Care.
We are currently seeking a compassionate and caring On Call Home Hospice Registered Nurse to provide person centered care to meet the social, physical, recreational, emotional, and spiritual needs of our residents in our Hospice at Home. This is a full-time role, working Monday through Friday, from 4:30pm to 11:00pm and NO WEEKENDS!
Available to provide care to residents in the Bucks County, Montgomery County and Northeast Philadelphia areas.
The On-Call/Triage/Admission Hospice RN is responsible for providing skilled nursing, intervention, and supportive care in patients' residences in accordance with the Interdisciplinary Plan of Care for each patient. This will include hospice and palliative care admissions, revisits, or problem response visits. The individual must have a demonstrated ability to triage phone calls to determine plan of action. In addition, the role will respond to medical or emotional crisis and/or death of patient and make home visits to provide direct care as appropriate.
This position will travel to patients' homes or facilities to administer the care and communicate effectively with all interdisciplinary team members caring for patient, including the physician, ensuring all needs of patient are met.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Answer and respond to incoming calls, referrals, and requests for assistance. Completes admissions, makes follow-up visits on patients admitted the day prior; as necessary.
- Communicate significant findings, problems, patient’s needs, reports changes in condition or environment to the physician, clinical manager and other members of the hospice care team and obtains physician orders as required.
- Acts as a liaison for hospital admissions and referrals after hours and on weekends.
- Provides hospice care to patient/family/caregivers as indicated by the hospice or palliative plan of care when called from 4:30 pm to 11 pm Monday through Friday.
- Timely documentation of all after-hours calls and visits including problem and intervention.
- Participates in on call, patient visits as indicated by patient need.
Education, Experience and Competencies
- Current and unencumbered license to practice as a Registered Nurse in Pennsylvania
- Valid Driver’s License and reliable transportation and agency required liability insurance to complete home visits
- Two years hospice palliative care experience preferred.
- Certified Hospice and Palliative Nurse (CHPN) preferred
- Ability to work evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Demonstrate excellent patient care Critical thinking skills
- Ability to relate to a variety of people and personalities.
- Good judgement and leadership skills
- Ability to communicate verbally and written, effectively
- Strong organizational skills
WHY JOIN CHANDLER HALL?
Because we give, share and respect the things that we value!
- Competitive wages
- Paid introductory and on-going training
- Free gym membership
- Free monthly massages to employees
- Discounted onsite childcare
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Prescription program
- Competitive 401K plan
- 20 days per year all-inclusive paid time off
- Life Insurance, Short Term Disability and Long-Term Disability
- Flexible spending accounts
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Low-cost employee meal plan at employee café
- Employee Assistance Program
- Credit Union
- No cost annual flu shots
Interested candidates, should send their resume to Melissa Totten at email@example.com