Day Shift Care Partners
Chandler Hall, a non-profit, Quaker facility, provides high-quality care for older adults in Newtown, Bucks County and offers a wide spectrum of services for individuals at all stages of the aging process including Community Living, Personal Care, Residential Hospice, Home Hospice, Independent Living, Respite Care, and Skilled Nursing Care.
We are currently seeking Care Partners to provide direct care to meet the social, physical, recreational, emotional, and spiritual needs of our residents in our Personal Care and Hicks Memory Care Units. This is a full-time role, working Monday through Friday, from 7:00am to 3:00pm, and every other weekend.
The Care Partner is responsible for working as a team member by assisting co-workers and mangers in the pursuit of service excellence, and for following both organizational and regulatory policies and procedures.
Hourly rates between $16.11 to $18.50, depending on years of experience, plus shift differential for working weekends!
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists residents in all aspects of personal care including hygiene, bathing and showering, dressing, grooming including hair care, oral care, and continence care, lifting, transferring residents, repositioning residents every two hours as needed, transporting, and assisting with meals when needed, including feeding residents.
- Assists residents in preparation for medical tests, church services, shopping and activities and other social programs. Assist residents with rehabilitative procedures as instructed.
- Reports observations timely to the Resident Care Coordinator of skin injuries or falls immediately.
- Reports any changes in room temperature, ventilation, lighting, that could impact the resident, to the Resident Care Coordinator.
- Documents necessary information in the communication book, as well as in the electronic medical record.
- Documents all details required for an incident report and informs the LPN/Shift Supervisor and/or the Resident Care Coordinator to ensure the POA and Physician are notified immediately.
- Makes sure a phone blast goes out when a resident is sent to the hospital or on a LOA and puts a note in the electronic medical record why the resident was sent, who was notified, and when the resident is expected to return.
- Responsible for reading the residents support plan before giving care and documenting the care in the medical record/chart.
- Assists the residents with the meal process, by ensuring proper setup, preparing residents for meals if assistance is needed such as handwashing, and escorting the resident to meals. Assists the resident to select food choices from the menu when needed, assistance with feeding residents as needed, and clearing the dining room.
- Performs after meal care and prepares for the next meal.
- Facilitates and/or assists with activities daily during your shift.
- Accommodates residents with physical challenges to activities.
- Accompanies residents to outings as needed.
- Communicates with families as needed/directed.
- Ensures all required Relias training is maintained.
- Attends 12 hours of DHS required training yearly and an additional 6 hours of Dementia annually to work in the secured unit.
- Responsible to have a flu vaccine annually.
Education, Experience and Competencies:
- High School Diploma
- CNA Certificate, preferred
- DHS day on training/ required 12 hours to work in Personal Care annually
- CPR certified/First Aid certified
- Has at least 1 year experience in the health field
- Demonstrates knowledge of proper physical care of the residents
- Knowledgeable on the proper technique for feeding residents
- Maintains Relias Training Annually and DHS required training annually
WHY JOIN CHANDLER HALL?
Because we give, share, and respect the things that we value!
- Competitive wages
- Paid introductory and on-going training
- Free gym membership
- Discounted onsite childcare
- Monthly employee massages
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Prescription program
- Competitive 401K plan
- 20 days per year all-inclusive paid time off
- Sick Leave
- Life Insurance, Short Term Disability and Long-Term Disability
- Flexible spending accounts
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Low-cost employee meal plan in our café
- Employee Assistance Program
- Credit Union
- No cost annual flu shots
Interested candidates, should send their resume to Melissa Totten at email@example.com.