Full-Time Food Service Associate
Pennswood Village is seeking a Full-Time Food Service Associate. NEW HIRE BONUS!! $100 BONUS PER BI-WEEKLY PAY FOR FIRST 6 MONTHS OF EMPLOYMENT
Pennswood Village, a nationally recognized retirement community in Newtown, PA is opening beautiful new dining venues on our 82-acre campus. Staff are treated as very much part of the extended Pennswood family, a culture of kindness and respect in the Quaker tradition.
Full-time positions are offered:
- Single-only benefits cost $0 per pay!!
- Benefits on the first day of the month following hire date - including health, dental, and vision benefits
- Fully-paid life insurance and short-term disability insurance
- Tuition reimbursement and educational assistance
- Retirement plan with generous matching contribution, and
- 25 days of all-inclusive paid time off per year.
Under limited supervision, the Food Service Associate assists in maintaining all ware-washing and food services areas in a clean and sanitary condition at all times. Operates the dish machine, washes pots, mops floors, removes trash, and assists in receiving/storage of goods. Assists in training part-time utility staff.
High school diploma or equivalent, or in process.
- One year experience operating the dish machine or other food service equipment.
- Ability to maintain flexible schedule, weekend and holiday coverage.
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions and work independently in a professional manner.
- Basic knowledge of kitchen safety, ware-washing procedures, and sanitation standards.
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks as well as be able to adapt to changing conditions.
Physical and Environmental Requirements:
Ability to meet the physical demands of the position, i.e., standing, bending, stooping, and lifting a minimum of 40 lbs. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
Pennswood Village is a nationally respected Senior Living Community (CCRC) for people 65 and over. Nestled in the beautiful countryside of Bucks County, PA, Pennswood is a dynamic community designed for individuals who want a lifestyle with independent services and health care choices on one site.
Our campus is rich with opportunities for physical, intellectual, social, and spiritual growth with ongoing activities and educational programs. Nearby historic Newtown offers fine shops and restaurants. Philadelphia, Princeton and New York City are within easy access.
Our attractive 311 garden apartments come in a variety of sizes from studio through two-bedroom with den. They include all the amenities you would expect, dining options, as well as weekly housekeeping and maintenance.
Our employees at Pennswood Village are our most important resource and we continuously endeavor to be an employer of choice. Pennswood employees appreciate the lively community environment. They enjoy the interaction with residents and fellow employees.
We value a high-quality work experience for staff by encouraging and supporting our employees in continuing their personal and professional education. Our Quaker values show us our lives together are enriched through diversity - we welcome women and men of all races, colors, religions, national origins, and sexual orientations.
Interested parties may click here to apply directly.