Home Hospice Registered Nurse Case Manager
Chandler Hall, a non-profit, Quaker facility, provides high-quality care for older adults in Newtown, Bucks County and offers a wide spectrum of services for individuals at all stages of the aging process including Community Living, Personal Care, Residential Hospice, Home Hospice, Independent Living, Respite Care, and Skilled Nursing Care.
We are seeking a Registered Nurse Case Managers for our Home Hospice, which provides care coordination for patients to include scheduling, certification and recertification. The primary purpose of your position is to provide direct nursing care to meet patients, residents, and family needs.
Must be available to provide care to residents in the Bucks County, Montgomery County and Northeast Philadelphia areas.
This is a full-time role, working Monday through Friday, from 8:00am to 4:30pm, and every third weekend. Visit expectations of 4-5 patients per day, with a caseload up to 12 patients.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Work primarily with Home Hospice and Palliative Programs of Chandler Hall.
- Assist in planning, developing, organizing, implementing, evaluating, and providing the palliative and hospice nursing programs of Chandler in the inpatient and outpatient setting. These programs may include all levels of palliative and hospice care to include home, pavilion or hospital care.
- Works as the nurse member of the interdisciplinary team.
- Manage care to patients utilizing the nursing process of assessment, planning, interventions, implementation, and evaluation
- Authorize, coordinate, provide, and supervise care, as prescribed in the Interdisciplinary Plan of Care, with contracted vendors to meet the needs of the patient
- Document patient care reflecting nursing interventions, patient response to care, patient needs, problems, capabilities, limitations, and progress toward goals
- Complete assessment, recertification, and discharge documentation as indicated by level of care.
- Maintain up-to-date charts and records on patient care and regular communication with the patient's physician regarding changes in the patient's plan of care.
- Evaluate and perform ongoing assessment and revise initial written plan of care as the needs and conditions of the patient/family change
- Teach, supervise and counsel the patient/family regarding symptom management and psycho-social aspects of care
- Assist with advance care planning.
- Assist with identification of resources which allow patients to achieve goals of care.
- Provide care for patients who enter Hospice program.
Education, Experience and Competencies
- Registered Nurse license in Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
- 1 or more years of hospice experience.
- CHPN preferred.
- Demonstrates knowledge about Hospice and Palliative Care
- Demonstrates adherence to professional and ethical practice
- Demonstrates self-awareness and ability to set appropriate professional boundaries
- Demonstrates ability to establish, cultivate and sustain relationships
- Demonstrates ability to complete a client-centered Initial or Routine Assessment
- Demonstrates ability to work with patients and their units of care for plan of care (POC) development
- Demonstrates ability to offer pain and symptom management for symptoms that often accompany a life-limiting or life-threatening illness or condition.
- Demonstrates ability to support clients in discussing their medical condition and life-limiting experience as it pertains to their physical, existential, cultural/familial and spiritual experience
- Demonstrates ability to support clients in discussing their medical condition and life-limiting experience as it pertains to decision-making and planning
- Demonstrates ability to distinguish and respond appropriately between normal suffering related to grief and loss, complex grief, and mental illness and how that impacts the grief process
- Demonstrates ability to work collaboratively with the team for understanding client behavior, finding best solutions for care coordination
- Demonstrates initiative to continually elevate skills and competency; provides leadership to support skill development and effective service delivery for the team and agency
WHY CHANDLER HALL?
Because we give, share and respect the things that we value!
- Competitive wages
- Paid introductory and on-going training
- Free gym membership
- Free monthly massages for employees
- Discounted onsite childcare
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Prescription program
- Competitive 401K plan
- 20 days per year all-inclusive paid time off
- Life Insurance, Short Term Disability and Long-Term Disability
- Flexible spending accounts
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Low-cost employee meal plan at employee café
- Employee Assistance Program
- No cost annual flu shots
Interested candidates, should send their resume to Melissa Totten at email@example.com