Certified Fitness/Aquatics Instructor
Medford Leas is a 5-star rated facility!! Come work for the best and experience the difference!
Medford Leas is a Quaker based Continuing Care Retirement Community, serving more than 600 residents in an active living environment with extraordinary health care services on two campuses in Medford and Lumberton, New Jersey. Since it's opening in 1971, Medford Leas has been recognized nationally for its leadership, innovation, superior health and wellness services and a unique 180-acre arboretum campus setting.
The Fitness and Aquatics Instructor provides high quality Fitness and Aquatics programming that assists residents to achieve and/or maintain their highest functional level and promotes physical, social and emotional well-being. The Fitness and Aquatics Instructor is responsible for instructing Fitness and Aquatic programming through resident assessments, individualized fitness programming, evaluation, training, and family/resident education.
Must have series of COVID-19 Vaccines plus Booster
Annual Flu Shot is Required
- Conduct classes and special events according to the Fitness and Aquatics Schedule
- Conduct individualized orientation to residents, staff, and reservation list members to Fitness and Aquatics equipment, rules, policies and procedures
- Keep accurate records of participation of Fitness and Aquatic programs and special events
- Assist with preparation of necessary notices, forms, and reports to increase resident, staff and family awareness of programs
- Provide an ongoing assessment and evaluation of existing Fitness and Aquatics programs by working with the IRRC to ensure that a team effort is achieved in developing a comprehensive plan of care for all residents
- Encourage residents of all levels of care to participate in a variety of Fitness and Aquatics Programming
- Participate in continuing education opportunities for personal growth and development and maintenance of Fitness and Aquatic Certifications
- Maintain flexible work hours to accommodate a broad range of time frames necessary to support programming and Community wide events
- Actively supports the Active Living Division Director and the collaborative efforts of the Fitness and Aquatic and Therapeutic Recreation joint programming according to the Seven Dimensions of Wellness
- Serves on various committees to promote fellowship for the entire Medford Leas Community
- Adheres to all attendance, compliance, mandatory training, regulatory and safety standards, including the Code of Conduct; as well as the organizations policies and procedures covering Privacy and Security in compliance with HIPAA regulations
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High Diploma or a GED required.
- Should have experience in working with individuals in a Fitness, Recreation or Health related field.
- Must be able to communicate effectively by demonstrating good interpersonal, organization skills.
- Must be able to use a computer and be knowledgeable in Outlook, Word. Excel, and Publisher.
- Must be able to see hear, speak, and write reports in English.
- Must have Fitness and/or Aquatics Certifications or in the process of obtaining them.
- Ability to tolerate, assess and redirect dysfunctional behavior.
Physical Requirements/Environmental Conditions:
- Must be able to sit, stand, bend, carry, lift and move quickly and consistently. Is subject to lifting, transporting and supporting residents.
- Work is performed primarily in the Fitness Center, Pool, and Exercise Studio on both Campuses.
- Works in all settings within the facility.
- Work areas may have a wide range of temperature variations.
- Duties involve movement; which includes; cardio endurance, balance, strength and coordination while teaching a wide variety of exercise classes, land based and water based.
License and Regulatory Requirements:
- Must get annual PPD and/or provide documentation of same.
- Must maintain Fitness and Aquatic Certifications by securing necessary CEU’s in a timely manner.
- Must maintain a valid class “C” Driver’s License.
- Must complete mandatory training and in-services as required
Interested candidates may apply directly online here.