Learning and Development Associate
Friends Services Alliance (FSA) is a national professional association of organizations that serve older adults. We support the staff and governing boards of these organizations through education, board and organizational development, compliance and risk management services and more.
FSA is looking for a Part-Time Learning and Development Associate. Hours should be worked during traditional business days of M-F and hours of 8-5, with flexibility as to how those hours are met. This position includes time spent working remotely, and in our Blue Bell, PA office.
The Learning and Development Associate will work with the Director of Learning and Development and the CEO to create and deliver development and training opportunities related to a variety of topics. Much of the content has an emphasis on human relations/human capital management, leadership development, diversity, equity, and inclusion, and nonprofit governance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the Director of Learning & Development in identifying educational needs of clients related to leadership and organizational development. Develop formal educational training programs and classes; teach and instruct others to meet the identified needs as assigned.
- Work with Director of Learning & Development to schedule and facilitate Peer Group meetings for clients’ functional areas (i.e., Admission and Marketing, HR, Fundraising, IT, Resident Services, etc.). The primary purpose is to convene clients around topics that are current and meaningful to each functional area.
- Support the development and organization of training material, multimedia visual aids, and other educational materials. Plan, develop, and provide training and staff development programs, using knowledge of the effectiveness of methods such as classroom training, demonstrations, on-the-job training, meetings, conferences, and workshops as assigned.
- Develop testing and program evaluation procedures as requested.
- Provide executive coaching of client staff when requested.
- Collaborate with the Director of Learning & Development to develop and provide services to build understanding of diversity, equity, and inclusion in client organizations as requested, including trainings, support, and various resources.
- Work with CEO to develop knowledge of nonprofit governance and board operations.
- Collaborate with CEO to develop and provide trainings, support, and resources related to nonprofit governance and boards.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree and 5-8 years relevant experience. Master’s Degree preferred.
- Knowledge of principles and methods for curriculum and training design, teaching and instruction for individuals and groups, and the measurement of training effects.
- Understanding of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Knowledge of media production, communication, and dissemination techniques and methods. This includes alternative ways to inform and entertain via written, oral, and visual media.
- Awareness of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, sales techniques, and sales control systems.
- Responsibilities require independent judgment and strong decision-making skills.
- Ability to work independently and solve problems.
FSA offers a collaborative environment and competitive pay. Interested parties may send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about FSA, visit fsainfo.org.